Discord Server

Pending Knights Hospitaller's Expansion into the Baltic

Fletcher178

Jun 28, 2020
Leader's IGN: Fletcher178

Area you wish to expand into: 1736
Modern day regions of Ventspils and Talsi In Latvia

Reason for Expansion:
After being given permission from the Holy See, the Knights Hospitaller, now back to full strength wish to expand their borders into the Baltic region like their Swedish and Holy-Roman counter-parts. Not only as a sign that they have returned to their former glory, but also in order to enlighten the local tribes in the ways of Christianity. Grandmaster Jacques believes that these tribes are key to training new Hospitaller recruits to fight future battles. The Order is currently struggling with a lack of usable iron and steel to equip its new soldiers and as such expansion into these new, untapped lands would lead to immense benefit for the Order and for Christendom as a whole.
(OOC: We've run out of iron deposits that aren't in Swedish Territory and so we kind of need the land for mining purposes as well as cool diplomatic opportunities)

Pro Fide, Pro Utilitate Hominum

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: dropibus

choochoo500

May 13, 2020
MA
I don't like the straight line on the border with the wilderness, perhaps adjust it a little to make it seem more realistic?

Fletcher178

Jun 28, 2020
In fairness, The regions themselves are pretty much bang on straight in terms of borders, But I'll make it have a small indent

Svedo

Apr 29, 2020
The Western parts of the Empire have for long made surveys and plans to colonize this area, without notifying the Empire about their colonization attempt Arkan is furious. The Knights of Hospitallers have decided to take the land we have so rightfully tried to colonize and integrate in our lands now when we are at war. They have stabbed us in the back on our claims to the region while we are at a weakend state in history.

This act will not go unpunished and Westburg-Brabant and its subjects will openly oppose the colonization attempt by any means necessary by hiring out mercenaries and weapons to the livonians living in the area.

Fletcher178

Jun 28, 2020
The Western parts of the Empire have for long made surveys and plans to colonize this area, without notifying the Empire about their colonization attempt Arkan is furious. The Knights of Hospitallers have decided to take the land we have so rightfully tried to colonize and integrate in our lands now when we are at war. They have stabbed us in the back on our claims to the region while we are at a weakend state in history.

This act will not go unpunished and Westburg-Brabant and its subjects will openly oppose the colonization attempt by any means necessary by hiring out mercenaries and weapons to the livonians living in the area.
Only thing I would say is that I didn't notice the War Declaration, and also its pending so you are not at war yet.

Pav33

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Sep 30, 2019
Only thing I would say is that I didn't notice the War Declaration, and also its pending so you are not at war yet.
They are indeed at war, in fact today at 3pm EST there will be the first battle. Not totally sure, but I believe wars are only "accepted" when they're over.

Radiantal

Roleplay Coordinator
Staff member
Roleplay Coordinator
Oct 1, 2019
While scouting this savage-like area, you seem to notice you're being watched. Before you realize what's going on, your scouts are ambushed!
Multiple men were slaughtered and a large supply train has been lost. It's quite clear that these natives don't want your troops around here, however, you do want this land.

How will you attempt to secure it?

Fletcher178

Jun 28, 2020
In light of recent attacks on Hospitaller Scouting Parties in the Baltic Region, the Grandmaster of the Order has decided to dispatch a Band of Knights with the task of searching the area for local tribes. Their goal is simple, find out who assaulted the scouting parties and their motives for doing so... They are to only use force in case of attacks. Accompanying the band of knights is a missionary who wishes to teach them the ways of the Lord.

Last edited:

Radiantal

Roleplay Coordinator
Staff member
Roleplay Coordinator
Oct 1, 2019
The Tribes approach your knights and tell them they're the 100th visitor, therefore, you get to claim the entire Holy Roman Empire!​